Finished Project-Target Wave Mittens

October 7, 2006 by
Filed under: Knitting 

Project Specs:
Pattern: Target Wave Mittens from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: one ball each of Berkshire in colors Blue Ming and Rose
Needles: US 6 and 8
Size: medium
Pattern Alterations: Since I used a bulkier yarn, I felted them to bring them down to an appropriate size for a 7-year old. Also the thumb looked obscenely long, so I shorted it by four rows.

Well the felting did help the mittens. But the target thumb shaping is still really weird. There’s just too much fabric between the thumb and fingers. I wonder how the pattern could be adjusted to fix this. But Ella said they’re wearable enough to be given as a present. So once they dry, I’ll wrap them up.

My Blog Links: Dreaded Disasters


2 Comments on Finished Project-Target Wave Mittens

  1. JessaLu on Mon, 9th Oct 2006 8:19 pm
  2. Very cool!

  3. Nancy on Tue, 10th Oct 2006 9:34 am
  4. Good save! They look amazing. I ended up taking about 4 rows off the thumb target of mine and it helped a bit but it’s still weird. I should have a picture up of the first (corrected) one tomorrow.

  • Archive & Search